13 Card Rummy
13 card rummy is the most popular and common Indian variation of rummy. New and experienced players both find 13 card rummy one of the simplest forms of rummy. The rules of the 13 cards Indian rummy are easy to understand, and the game itself is pretty fun too. The players present at the table get 13 cards each, as the name of the game suggests, and they have to classify those cards into valid sets and pure sequences to win. The online experience is better with these rules. The players must play this rummy with 13 cards on the RummyBaazi app to get the best experience online. It can be downloaded from the official RummyBaazi website. With the 13 cards rummy online, the players play with real participants, which is akin to playing with someone you know.
Players without much experience in the field of rummy may want to know what the rummy rules 13 card game are, along with the terminology of the online 13 card game and not surprisingly, it is pretty similar to that of classic rummy.
- Even though the classic version of the rummy game is played with a pack of 52 cards, the 13 cards rummy is played with two packs of 52 cards each.
- Two to six players participate in this thirteen cards rummy game.
- A significant difference between the two rummy forms being discussed is that the 13 card game only makes use of one joker, while the players use two jokers in the Indian rummy.
- An important rule of this thirteen card game online is that a card that is randomly selected from the undealt deck of cards becomes a joker regardless of the original print or value of the card. However, the value of that card must be considered because other cards of different suits but the same value also become jokers.
- Those familiar with rummy know that there is a dealer that deals the cards and that each player gets the chance to be a dealer in each round. In the online 13 cards rummy, there is no dealer because the shuffling happens automatically.
- A fun fact - The dealer in the offline edition of the 13 card game is determined through a lottery system, a strategy present only in that version of the game. In the lottery system, the players choose random cards and the player that chooses the card with the lowest value becomes the dealer. The dealer then shuffles all the cards once again and divides the pack of cards into half and allots them among the players.
- In the 13 Card rummy game, the concept of a set and sequence, along with the impure sequence and invalid set remains the same as the classic rummy. Cards with values grouped into numerical order make a sequence, regardless of the suits of those cards. For example, a sequence could be 3 of hearts, 4 of diamonds and 5 of clubs.
- Players make a set with the cards of the same value but different suits -- for example, 9 of clubs, hearts, diamonds and spades.
- Just like rummy with 13 cards, the players will need to discard cards that carry a lot of points, like the Aces and coloured cards.
- It is mandatory to have at least two sets and sequences each while declaring, of which one can be an impure sequence.
Here's an introduction to the different varieties of the 13 card rummy game. The players can choose to play from any one of these online:
A popular variant of the Indian rummy, it is played as 201 pool and 101 pool rummy, which means that the player to reach the maximum points gets disqualified. The player that doesn't get any point or gets the least points is the winner, just like in Deals Rummy.
This rummy variant is played for a predetermined value. The winner doesn’t get any points in this version either and the points are added to the players losing the game. The points are calculated based on cards that are not made into impure sequences.
This game includes chips. Each player gets chips in the beginning. The player that eventually receives the most chips wins the Deals Rummy game. The fewer points the winner has, the more chips they receive.
This game is quite similar to the 13 card Indian rummy. But there are some differences. This game uses 3 decks. It is necessary, in this game, for players to make 3 pure sequences. This game includes value cards which operate as the joker cards and are worth a lot of points. All of this makes the 21 card rummy as interesting as the 13 card one.
RummyBaazi hosts various rummy tournaments every day on its app. The players will have access to many other rummy games, apart from the 13 card rummy game online. Rummy aficionados can start playing with as low as ₹1 on the platform. There are free entry tournaments, cash games and many more exciting formats that go on during the day and night.
The most important thing about the platform is that it’s the most rewarding online rummy website out there. The platform is 100% safe and ensures the fastest withdrawals. Several testimonies of experienced players are listed on the website, which reiterates the fact that RummyBaazi is one of the most trusted and rewarding online rummy platforms around. The app is available to play in all over India except Telangana, Andhra Pradesh, Odisha and Assam. Interested players must head over to RummyBaazi's social media pages to learn new tips and tricks, and to know more about the 13 card Rummy game.
Excited to win real cash with your Rummy skills? Download the app now and start winning.