If you’re an adventure lover then you will love playing this variant of rummy – pool rummy because it keeps you on the edge of your seat! A variant of 13 card rummy, pool rummy requires a fixed fee for a player to enter a game. Players are eliminated if the accumulated points they earn reach 101 in 101 Pool Points and 201 in 201 Pool Points.
The objective of pool rummy is to have the least score on the table. If you reach 101/201 points, you are eliminated from the game, the players left behind are declared the winners towards the end.
Let’s dive right into the rules of 101/201 pool rummy:
- Players remaining with the least score at the end of the game is declared the winner.
- Drop criteria :
1st Drop – 20 points; Middle Drop = 40 points; Full Count = 80 points
- In order to win, you require:
- One pure sequence: Players have to build a sequence without using a joker compulsorily.
- Another sequence: Players have to build a sequence with/without a joker which is a compulsory requirement.
- For the remaining two groups of cards, you can either meld sets of 3 or 4 cards each
- The players who manage to fulfil the above criteria and declares, gets 0 points and the others get points against the invalid sets and sequences they are holding.
- The points are calculated at the end of every deal. A player is eliminated as and when they reach 101/201 or more points in the game.
Rules applied at the beginning of the game
- The game requires two packs of 53 cards each with 1 printed joker in each deck.
- Each player is dealt 13 cards each using a random number generator algorithm which we have a certification for.
- A card is chosen randomly to act as the card joker of the game. If a printed joker gets selected, then Ace of any suit is declared as the joker for that game.
- The first card remaining at the top of the deck after the distribution is placed in the open deck slot to mark the beginning of a game.
General gameplay rules
- A player shall pick a card from either the closed deck or the open deck when it’s their turn.
- A player should make sure they pick and drop the card at their turn within the allotted time.
Note: If he/she does not act within the allotted time, he/she will be automatically dropped.
- A player cannot pick a joker from the open deck unless it is the first open card.
- In case all the cards in the closed deck have been used, the cards in the open deck are reshuffled using the random number generator algorithm and is placed as the closed deck. The last open card in the open deck remains there.
Pool rummy is filled with high-octane action as you keep playing against the increasing points in the game.
Catch all the rummy action on RummyBaazi during the festive month of October. We are hosting depositor free entry tournaments, the guarantees of the games have been doubled. So head to our rummy tables now!
The free online CSS cleaner allows you to organize style for websites.